WELCOME TO THE SITE

I want to welcome you to this site.This is an interactive site.
I want to encourage you to post your comments on the entry for that particular day.
I'd like to hear what you think. Here's looking forward to you. Thanks!

IWTA TV

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I LOVE MY COUNTRY - THE PHILIPPINES


Today, we celebrate flag day. The Filipino flag was unfurled on May 28, 1898 when the Philippines defeated the Spaniards. Aguinaldo's army defeated the Spaniards at the Battle of Alapan. The flag has always been a symbol of freedom and the lives that were given for freedom.

I am proud to be Filipino. No one can doubt that. I don't think I will see myself living in another country other than my own (unless God calls me to another country). It was funny because when I applied for a US visa, the consul at the other side of the glass denied me thinking I would go TNT/AWOL in the states. That I will be migrating there with my entire family. She was wrong. I love my country. I will not have it any other way.

Yes. It may have its share of problems. Yes. It's has hiccups here and there. Yes. We may not be the richest and most powerful nation on earth. But God blessed the Philippines with so many things that other nations envy. I just hope my fellow countrymen will see that.

I am amazed at the Filipinos ingenuity. I am impressed with the Filipino's creativity. I adore the Filipinos ability to adjust to situations (sometimes unfavorable) and make it better. Filipinos are considered 3rd in the world that smiles often. Personally, I think we should be 1st not just because of our warm hospitality but our zest for life and the attitude of hope.

The Philippines is and will always be my country. It's flag is something to be proud of. Countless lives have been sacrificed so that the flag can dance in the wind in our offices and schools.

I pray that there be a wave of nationalism soon. We don't know how important we have right now until it's taken away from us.

I love the Philippines. I love my country.

0 comments:

IWANNATALKABOUTcast.

GOOGLE ADS